Technology leader and consultant, with a working knowledge of modern techniques and best practices. Passionate about mentoring,
creating, innovating, and learning. Capable of leading a project from rough concept drafts to production deployment.
VP of Software Engineering at ServiceChannel (Sept 2011 - Present)
- Responsible for the software development within an organization. Directed the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications and platforms according to business goals.
- Was instrumental in establishing and leading IT initiatives such as, improving product quality, shortening release cycle, reducing maintenance cost, improving predictability of releases, all of which aligned with the overall corporate goal of customer satisfaction and retention.
Lead a distributed development team including offshore developers.
Established streamlined collaboration process, ensuring different teams work together towards common goals, solving cross-team
Facilitated creative thinking process, encouraging technical teams to come up with non standard solutions solving complex
business and technology problems.
Facilitated a strategic decision to move company's infrastructure to the cloud. Oversaw the migration to AWS.
Managed critical production issues resolutions.
Established strategic direction towards mobile platform development. Implemented successful mobile development team, which
consolidated mobile efforts previously scattered throughout the company.
Established agile practices throughout organization based on Scrum methodology, improving communication, planning, delivery
schedule, and overall quality of products.
Established quality control process and implemented centralized QA organization, which reduced the overall number of bugs.
- Established release management process, improving accuracy and speed of releases.
- Lead technical implementation of the mission critical billing platform initiative, resulting in increased revenue.
Web developer at Nokia (Jan 2010 - Sept 2011)
Worked in the team that produced best of class social experience applications targeting the mobile environment which was
integrated with the rest of the Nokia Ovi services.
Design, launch, maintenance, performance optimization, integration with other internal systems of RubyOnRails web application.
Promoted Ruby and Rails, organized and ran internal Ruby User Group.
Migrated the app to rails 3.
Established BDD practices.
Automated and finetuned Tomcat deployment with Jruby.
- Troubleshooted memory leaks in production, submitted a security patches to Rails core and Jruby dev teams.
R&D software engineer at Riskmetrics (Jan 2007 - Dec 2009)
- Worked on New generation RiskManagement application
- Lead company wide effort to migrate legacy applications to J2EE architecture. Designed and built a security infrastructure for
J2EE applications. Defined build/configuration management procedures. Initiated Wiki web site that encouraged collaboration
among developers and their managers. Worked with project managers to define requirements and deliverables.
Lead Middleware/Web Developer at Standard and Poor's (Jan 2003 - May 2004)
- Worked on Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities analytics application. Influenced decisions made in the inception phase of
the project. Designed and implemented Data Access Layer OR mapping defined in XML.
Lead Developer, Architect at Deutsche Bank, (Scudder Kemper Investments, Inc.) (Apr 1999 - Nov 2002)
- Directed architecture, designed and implemented messaging based mutual fund pricing feed. Defined hierarchical fund data
relationships, implementing those in a form of global services. Migrated these services to EJB, improving scalability and response
Programmer/Analyst at Morgan Stanley (Jan 1998 - Apr 1999)
Programmer/Analyst at Checkfree Investment Services (Oct 1996 - Jan 1998)
Consultant at Firefield.com (Apr 2008 - Present)
- Set initial guidelines and directions for the project. Put a team of Rails developers together. Developed deployment and release
infrastructure and procedures.
BYELORUSSIAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND RADIO-ELECTRONICS, Minsk, Belarus
M.S., Computer Science and Engineering.
- Languages: Ruby, Java, C++, C, Lisp
- Testing Frameworks: Cucumber, Shoulda, Rspec, Capybara, FactoryGirl
- Operating Systems: OSX, Linux, Windows
- Database Technologies: MySQL, ActiveRecord, MongoDB, MS SQL, Postgres
- Version Control: Git, Subversion, CVS
- Project Management: Pivotal Tracker, Version One, Trac
- Other: Amazon EC2, S3, capistrano, Jenkins (Hudson), TeamCity.
AFFILIATIONS, PUBLICATIONS, OPENSOURCE
active member of boston.rb
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)